You can use notes to add request-related information either for personal reference or to communicate with other support reps or contacts.
To add notes:
1. Go to the Requests tab and then click the subject line of the desired request.
2. Select Add Notes from the Actions drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can click Add Notes in the Conversations box.
3. In the editor that appears, enter the required information and then click Add Note.
View, edit, or delete notes
You can perform various notes-related actions from the request details page. To access it, go to the Requests tab and then click the subject line of the desired request.
The Conversations box in the request details page displays all notes added to the request.
To edit, click Edit against the note you want to edit. Make necessary changes and then click Add Note.
To delete, click Delete against the note you want to delete and then confirm when prompted.
- To make notes visible to the contact, select the Show this note to Contact checkbox in the Add Notes editor.
- To email a note to a support rep, select E-mail this note to the support rep checkbox in the Add Notes editor.
- To mark a note as the first response, select Consider notes addition as first response checkbox in the Add Notes editor.
Business Rules for Notes
Business rules are used to automate certain actions for notes that fulfill certain incoming criteria. Some of the actions that can be automated using business rules for notes include making the notes public for all users or making the notes available ...
Custom Triggers for Notes
Use custom triggers to automatically set off predefined actions on a note that matches the criteria. You can configure email/SMS notifications, custom functions, or even custom scripts as custom actions. Custom triggers are categorized and executed ...
You can track the progress of all your requests under the Requests tab. Request List View The request list view gives an overview of all the requests along with their properties and SLA violations at a single glance. You can view requests based on a ...
Resolving a request may involve additional work such as splitting the request into smaller activities, establishing dependencies, collaborating with other support reps, etc. Some of the extended functionalities are: Notes Attachments Tasks Reminders ...
You can raise requests in the following ways: Home Page New Request/Request Catalog Requests Tab Raise a Request on the Home Page On the home page, search for the required request template and fill out the request form. New Request The New ...