To set up a customer portal:
1. Go to Admin>>Users>>Customer Portal Settings (if only one portal is configured) or go to Global Settings>> Customer Portal Settings (if multiple portals are configured).
2. Click New portal and then provide portal name and URL and click Create Portal.
3. To customize portal content, go to Customize Portal tab select the required content under each section. The available sections are as follows.
Header and Footer
Logo, portal name, login, custom Links and Footer.
Search solution, announcements, recent solution, custom links, popular solutions and custom sections.
1. Select New user account registration checkbox to allow new user registration from customer portal. Also, select the appropriate option to mandate approvals for user registration.
2. Select Show solutions view for non-logged-in users to allow unregistered users to view solutions. You can choose to allow unregistered users to all topics or specific templates only.
3. Select show field in Portals or Products
4. To customize color and formatting, go to Color and Formatting Options tab. Click the selection box against the UI element and choose your preferred color from the color gamut.
5. Associate Portal with Customer portal, if applicable. Learn more.
6. Finally, click Save.
In single portal setups, the default portal is associated automatically with the enabled customer portal.
In multi-portal setups, associations should be done manually as described below.
1. Go to Global Settings>> Customer Portal Settings.
2. Click more options and then select Associate.
3. In the dialog box that appears, select and move the required portal from Available Portals to Selected Portals block.
4. Finally, click Save.